Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not Tall enough

For my four year experience as a Toastmaster, I did lots of stuff. Speak in front of an audience, compete in normal contests, be an emcee, organize events etc.... But this is another FIRST!

Not common is Malaysia is the Tall Tale contest a.k.a the bull shitting contest. When my friend told me about it, I immediately snapped on it and said that I would join. Its a chance of a lifetime! In Malaysia, I've only heard of 1 or 2 of such events. Great opportunity huh?

When I went to the venue! OMG... I was shocked. What I expected was a small event maybe about 40- 50 people in those regular meeting room. But I was geeted in a huge hall with a stage and more than 100 people! Argh! I wasn't prepared. And definately not dressed for the event. But anyway, its all for the fun of it! And it was fun......

You really get the adrenaline rush once you are up there. With all eyes looking at you at happy smiling faces, you are bound to perform at your best. No wonder I speak super loudly. At an auditoruim ofthat size, the one in Kelab Golf Perkhidmatan Awam, I wasn't given a micropone ... good trainig eh? So don't make me angry as I will scream your head off.

The topics were super hilarious. Mine was on my artificial age and what I worked as so far. I started as a personal food taster for Madonna and mentioned my job as travel host for MTV. It was different fron the other contestants as I was the only female contestant so I had the edge of the whole'bimbo' humour. But of course I didn't win ... but thats ok as it was for the experience.

So one guy spoke about flying and how he gave CPR to his dog. One on 'ghost busters' and his journey with a possessed person. One on 'soya bean' and one on 'the making of a Tamil movie'. Then there was another about how this guy got killed in a freezer and was preserved then saved. Another guy spoke about his job as a private investigator and the last guy was so physical with his 'falling'. Hilarious night!

No comments: