Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The journey down south

It may not be a big break, but its a worthy break. Its not that I haven't been away before, but this is different. Its not my first trip overseas nor my first trip away with my friends ... but what marks the first is that this is my first trip out for work. Yup, LCCH does cover Singapore as well and I was priveledged enough to go down to represent LCCH Malaysia. Is it the war of the worlds? You decide ... but its not as bad as it seems.

It was a very last minute decision. In fact, it was totally un-planned for. It all happened just because of a silly plane ticket, so I suggested why not have a workshop in Singapore. So bam .... me and my big mouth. But it was fun ..... organizing everything from scratch ... from the venue to the participants to the promotion. hmm, perhaps I should venture into the field of Event Planning. hehe , better not, lots of screw -ups here and there! But I vow to be better next time.

I guess I have to be harsher and more assertive when it comes to things like this. In fact all of us should adopt this value, to not let others take advantage of you.

But seriously, I am indeed proud of how things have turned up. The workshop marked our first and it was a success. I am indeed happy for having such a supportive bunch in the office. My boss gave me the green light to run this workshop, she gave me the freedom and the trust to do anything I want. She urged me to take Singapore as a challenge and fortunately, things worked out well. My colleagues helped give a push on Sunday in UM when I wasn't there. I am amazed at how the interns managed to run the show without me. I am so glad that the colleagues helped me run the everyday work in the office and not call me too often. Well, it is sweet that you guys gave me a nice 3 day break, but to see the pile on my desk this morning ... was enough to scare me away from taking long breaks.

I am thankful for my friends who supported me these few days. Without help, I would not have been able to do it. Their time, their effort, their commitment ...... they are all very valued. But every one did everything with a smile. Not only a smile on the face, but a smile from the heart. This is the smile that you don't see, but a smile that you feel.

1 comment:

Edward said...

Wow, sounds like you are traveling a lot lately. Good to know things are going smoothly for you. :)