Sunday, July 13, 2008

I only have 24 hours, not 36

Yes, if you noticed, that was my MSN nick for the past few days. I only changed it because friends started thinking I was depressed ... and thats so sweet. But don't worry, I am not. Life is great for me .. I am enjoying my life ... doing lots of stuff, maybe too much stuff.

And thats what leads to this all .. With only 24 hours, do we have enough to spare? I know there are books out there that can help you achieve the most of time and there's even a theory that says, if you manage time well, you can get 27 hours! But seriously, do the math ... with all the balls that you have to juggle, is there enough time?

With work, family, friends, commitments, clubs (not pubs), daily stuff and all ... does it sum up to 24? And imagine ...  I am not in a relationship nor do I have my own family. If that came, I would need 48 ...

Beauty sleep (I need loads of it)              ...      7 hours
Work (Its a rat race out there)                ...      9 hours
Commuting (fortunate I don't live far    ...       1 hour
Toilet/ changing/  bath  bla bla               ...       1 hour
Reading news paper/ magazines  bla      ...       1 hour
Visiting Toastmasters clubs                     ...       3 hours
Catching up with friends/ family             ...       2 hours

Total                                                           =      24 hours

Ok... just nice. How about time for yourself, watching TV, baking, going for parties, lazing on the couch, MSN- ing, blogging, miscelleneous stuff. Have we all lost the time to pamper ourselves?

hmm... maybe I was provoked to writing this as I saw this recipe for choc chip and raisin muffin that I so wanted to bake but did not have the time too. 

1 comment:

Edward said...

Yo,
yupz, time is really short. If we don't plan it out, we could end up wasting it and not making good use of it.

"The time is always right to do what is right."
Martin Luther King