Sunday, July 6, 2008

Deloitte's Installation Dinner

Its always lovely to attend Deloitte's toastmaster's meetings, I really mean it. The people are hilarious, some are super sweet, the environment is fun and the quality is good ... a good platform for improvement. So on Saturday was Deloitte's Installation night. And it was priviledged to be invited ... missed it last year so got to go this year !!! 

Taa dah.. Dinner at IZZI KL! I love that place. Its so colorful, so modern so chic ... food was good too. There was Italian and fusion, not to mention my favourite creme brulee topped with berry sauce (wahaha and it tasted better since it was served by the president himself ... thanks KY!) There was ultra rich cabonara with linguinni .. creamy and cheesy .. a few bites will make you full. Pizza was good too .. cruncy and chewy crust .. garnished with lots of pineapple and cheese. Then the Asian fare was unique as well. Sweet and sour fish, kuey teow, veggies, dunno what kind of chicken, mushroom soup, buns ... and the not- to- sweet chocolate cream puff .... argh ... sinful dinner ... but I guess we burned it off with non stop laughter. ... and posing.

Yes, I love it when you are at a function where people love to pose for photos. hehe, actually anywhere Ernest goes .. we'll have fun cam- whoring. The Deloitte girls too love to snap away, actually their guys too. But its a great memory. Short period but lots of photos. Will post them when I get the photos .. Selina!!!!!! Well, a note to KY, dun la post all the photos from Penang convention, especially those from 'The Den'. Malu- fying .... haha I wanted so much to stand right in front to block the LCD.

But the event was great. It was a ceremony to appreciate the exco committee and to install the new ones. Congrats to you guys! You really proved yourselves and showed me the true meaning of teamwork. From a small group, perhaps almost drowning group, you manage to grow so big and make your name in the arena. And I can see the great leadership among your team! I know each of you have contributed in each way ... so congrats once again! 

Don't let this spirit die .. perhaps its one of the greatest flame that I have seen. In a way to Deloitte has been a great inspiration for me. It helped me grow faster (thanks to Dennis too), helped motivate my exco at HELP, helped me in my personal life journey ... and not to mention the countless advice from the ever friendly Deloittians. Good luck guys and you can always count on me when you need help!

No comments: