Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wonderful break

Tired and even more tired. You want to rest, but even more work comes. You want to go home sit on the couch and watch TV but you've got house work to do. You want to check your mail in peace but the calls keep coming in. Yes, life is hectic but you've got to keep juggling. Its only been a week but I need a break again. Though I can't leave this time, just the thought of my previous break gives me the escape that I needed.

hmm, all the good memories of that little escape. Though my Zeus is right beside me now, I have to be unfaithful and say I met 2 cuties in my trip to JB. They are just such friendly and loving things. Such cute greetings in the mornings or wagging tails when I see them. I always loved big dogs ... but never be afraid of big dogs, they are all gentle giants. Its the little ones who are such nuisance.

Then there was this lovely dinner at Juliette's place. She is such a wonderful hostess. She made sure everything was perfect. From the glass cups to the napkins. And the food served was so delicious. She made sure all of us were full and happy. Such a warm and loving environment. I really enjoyed my self over dinner that night. Chatting over the table, having nice wine, listening to 3 great piano players (polluting the air with my piano playing), being dumbstruck by watching magic and just simply chilling out. 
Juliette's house was is so comfortable. The old kind with high ceilings and yellow lights, and she had decorations from all over the world. It really looked like an English cottage to me, how lovely.

Not forgetting my little stint in the martial arts. Forgive me if I am wrong with my terms. A friend taught us some moves with a stick and I was delighted when I could do a few steps. It was complicated of course ........ but what isn't? With practice, I am sure it would be better. Just looking at the grace of the more senior martial artists perform leaves you at awe. Keeps you wanting more. Oh!! and the most enjoyable part of it all ........... being thrown on the floor. hahaha crazy but euphoric...


For any trip, friends and company is the most important part. I got closer to a few people and got to know much more about more people. Its always interesting to discover your friends. I love it when we spend the nights talking till dawn, though we sacrifice on our beauty sleep. Its always fun to have pillow talks and heart to heart chats ... Its always nice to know that you have friends to support each other and people that you can count on. Its always fun to have times laughing at each other or become so bored that you just stare at each other. I never understood the staring at each other, but I guess that creates rapport? I don't know. When you know that others share the same thoughts as you or have the same feelings, you are just left feeling amazed. When you discover that you have crossed paths before, you just wonder why you did not say hi earlier? And when you share your opinions and feelings with each other ... you know you have just made a lasting impression.

Not to forget a nice stroll along the River Quay at Singapore. I admit it, there was no wind and the water did smell like ..... a typical harbour. But the idea of walking aimlessly, talking about nothings with your friend and not having worries in the world. I had no idea why but I was thinking about Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. hmm ... yummy prawns with even yummier ice- blended drinks. 

Though I love traveling, at times I don't like the journey. I may get sick. Even that won't stop me from taking nice breaks and vacations. But if I am not groggy or dizzy, I can chat non- stop, not giving others a chance to sleep! Hey, its not safe to sleep on a speeding express bus ok?

1 comment:

Edward said...

Breaks help us recharge our batteries. hehe, good to see you enjoying yourself. Wow, so much food!!!