Thursday, August 21, 2008

Birthday wishes!

Yup, its another year older for me .. perhaps getting some cob webs around my legs or some rust up in my head. I guess you could have seen the signs .. .. .. I am aging and soon you may start to call me aunty. Well, its a sign when you can't recall and of your kindergarten friends or when you got your first Barbie doll .... Sheesh!! That was eons ago, how time flies. And soon, it will come a time when I can't even remember whether or not I had my lunch.

But my birthday last Tuesday was great. Had many friends who wished me happiness and so many wonderful things. It was so good to even heard from long lost or far away friends. Its so good to know how true friendships were built over the years and how memories remain. It was really so sweet to receive those calls and to read those SMSes. Its feels so  warm to know that so many people around you care for you.

Last Sunday, I had a birthday party with 2 other August babies. Karen who shared the same day as me and Jen, who was 2 days earlier. My closest mates were there and it was so good to meet up, catch up and take whacky pictures. Thank you all for being there and I loved all your presents!! We went to Cave in SS 2. Well, food was good, ambience was cosy .... but I had an eerie feeling of that place. Sort of claustrophobic. 3 levels of restaurant and only 1 entrance? Not even windows ... nowwww... imagine if there was a fire ... 

Then on Tuesday, the office celebrated for me. Got an Oreo cheese cake & I shared it with our intern, Patrick who is an August baby too. Leo's rock! Haha ...... imagine. 6 people and 1 whole Secret Recipe cheese cake? We stuffed our selves to the max. But all those calories burnt up well .. there was baseball, arm wrestling, fighting and so many other physical activities. I guess we just got a little high on sugar.

So I ended the day with a nice dinner with my parents. Seafood!! Yum yum... We had Kam Heong crabs and some kind of sweet & sour prawns. They were so fresh and all finger licking good. I could be full just picking and eating the crumbs of the dishes. But part of the fun of eating seafood is getting your hands dirty and digging in between the crustacean shells. hehe, I know I am a very slow eater, but its been a long long time since I've sat down and had dinner for more than 2 hours. hmm .. a very satisfying birthday!

1 comment:

Edward said...

Aiks, totally slipped my mind of your birthday. *feeling bad*
Happy Belated Birthday!!
:P, bring u out makan when we get a chance.