Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Unity among the MAs

I need to check the alignments of the sun, moon, dates and everything. Why are so many things happening lately? I don't know if this is good or bad ... but I just had a feeling. It was like nostalgia for me ... 

Received a piece of news from my UOB MA group. History repeated itself. We were united as the Management Associates of 2007 and damn proud of it. I thought I had achieved my dream. But as the months went past, I decided to be the hero and break free from the group. Marking the first in UOB history ... hehe... though I made up my mind it was difficult to leave. On one hand, I felt that I needed the change and to respect myself and do the things that I really wanted to do. On the other hand, I couldn't let go of the identity and the sense of belonging. I must admit that there was some sort of withdrawal symptoms. 

I felt lost at the time I was in the bank. I gave up so many things and made loads of sacrifices. I wasn't the ME I used to be and my friends said that the bank kidnapped my soul. Come to think of it, I was foolish in that period of my eyes. But of course, something clouded my vision then. No one deserves to live like a puppet ... so I left ... and another misery clouded me for sometime. Perhaps I am not that good at adapting. But it took me some time, and with the help of the wonderful people, I bounced back .. at least I think so, until now. The feelings are back ... and I hope it won't be the same for her. 

It was a difficult period, watching the group from the outside. Though you might be with them, there will be a divide. Though you know the ins-and-outs, it feels like you're watching the drama on TV.  I know they always say, 'Once an MA, always an MA'. I hope that stays. 

No comments: