Sunday, June 29, 2008

Time is gold

Though I seem relaxed, but time is certainly gold for me. Have been working weekends, attending seminars, going for night meetings and of course ..... entertainment. Its so seldom that I get time alone at home. To relax, have time to watch reruns and to mess up the whole kitchen.

I love to whip things up for my beloved bloated and ever expanding tummy. And its a bonus if its edible. So last Sunday, I felt a little adventurous so I whipped up my own lunch. With nothing on mind to cook, I just opened the fridge to see what could be used!

The result? Fried rice with eggs, lots of cabbage and mushroom stems. Yummy and chewy! Then my sweet tooth started to tingle. Had to reach for the mixer and bake some brownies ... search through the fridge again. yeah!! found some walnuts ..... so the result? Walnut brownie with a crunchy crust! Yum yum!

Then I noticed my dog staring pathetically at me .... *oh how dumb* dogs can't eat chocolate. And I felt guilty. Not to worry, I never neglect my Zeus. The result, honey butter scotch cookies.

No comments: