Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The most precious of all gems

Nop, though diamonds are a girl's best friend, it is not it. Though investors like gold, it is not it too ... I am talking about life. Life is a precious commodity. Money can't buy it ... so treasure it.

Well ,it can be argueable. Money can buy you supplements to make you healthier, or it can pay for that life saving surgery. money also can preserve you till they find a cure for your deadly disease ... but would you be living your real life? Or would you be living on artificial borrowed time?

An event got me thinking of how precious and fragile life can be. And it can be taken away ... just like that. An accident, a sudden death or just anything not expected. You'll never know when it will happen. You may just be paying your bill at the stall and the next minute ....*poof* ... you're history.

But when that happens, it is not up to us to say we are ready or not. We are not robots, we just have to face it. If we go tomorrow (touch wood), are we really prepared? Lets not talk about the project you're supposed to complete by the end of the week or the car installment that you're halfway through. I'm talking about the true meanings of life.

Did you lead a happy life? A life that you can look back to and see that you have enjoyed it, a life that had no regrets or a life that was meaningful. Did you leave a legacy behind? Can you say you touched someone's heart and your leaving will make a difference. Can you say that even after you left, your existence had a purpose? 

It can be a small thing. Helping your friends, doing charity work, organizing an event, having a successful project or touching lives of others. make others smile, and when you do, that smile remains in their heart forever. Touch someone's heart and it remains in their memory forever. Teach others around you what you know, share with them what you have ... don't be an island.

I certainly don't want to leave this world not having achieved what a person should. I don't wan't to feel as if I am not needed in this world, or even becoming a pest. And I know that I have been leading a happy life. I don't want to lead a miserable life and leave tomorrow only to regret not being able to be brave to make the change. I know that I have left legacies and touched peoples lives .... knowing that I made a difference to society. 

The only thing I know I haven't done is let the people around me know that I care for them. Its a super difficult thing to say, both to my friends and family. But I know I've got to do it ...

1 comment:

Edward said...

Yo,

Haven't seen you in awhile and the first thing i see on your blog is this meaningful message.
Well, that's why they say that we should live like there's not tomorrow and love like I never been hurt. :)
When we meeting?

Anyway, also wanted to tell you that, when I met you first at the leadership camp, i think you are some lady in POWER. And i really believe that you will succeed in anything that you do or wish to accomplish. Thanks for everything as well, really glad I met you. :D.