Thursday, December 3, 2009

10 years on ...

In 1999, I can still hear the final bells of school at 3.15pm. Finally done with high school. And at that time while I was dressed in my pinafore with white shoes, grey tie and shiny name tag, I thought I was all grown up and ready to face the world.

Now 10 years later, here I am thinking, wow! ... time flies. In a blink of an eye and it has been a decade. I am really grown up? Am I really free? So much has happened in between. Shit happens, and so has joy and pride. I had my braces done, had wonderful vacations, had my first job, had a few accidents and had unforgettable moments with friends. So can I say it was a 10 year period well spent? Well .... I am not sure but I know I did learn a lot.

In 1999, I still remember all of us in school uniform in Form 5 at the corner classroom on the 3rd floor all looking down from the balcony and taking a group photo. And here we are now, gathered in a wedding dinner of one of the 'gang', acting like excited little children again, REUNITED. It isn't as if we dont meet up occasionally or it isn't as if FB was never invented. But it was a lovely occasion with our form teacher present too! Thanks Zhi Yang!

Though only about half the class was present, it felt like 1999 again. I can't wait for our Get-together in February !


Yup, it was late and only a few crazy people like us stayed behind and chatted away till the cleaners sort of 'chased' us off.

No comments: