Sunday, February 1, 2009

A reflection of life

I've been back for at least 3 days and I am still not over the euphoria of the trip yet. Help!! Even though I get distracted by the CNY visits and loads of food, I still can't get my mind of Japan. What to do? Seriously ....... I mean literaly, what am I to do?

For the past two months I've been busy organizing this event for work ..... and now its over. For the past few months I've been knitting my shawl for the trip ... so much so that its become a past time and my hands are itching now that I've stopped. And looking back at the pictures, the shawl did serve me well hehe.... so how am I going to fill my time now?

Before I went on the trip, a friend was introducing me to the theory of concentration. Just focus on what you want and it will come true .... so I started small. I wanted snow, and it snowed, I wanted to eat teriyaki, and it was served, I wanted to see geishas ....... well, there was something like that in 1 of the performances. So now I know it works, time to move on to something greater ... I want more vacations.

Its true, now is the best time to travel if you can. I am young, independant, unattached, not much responsibilities and still happy!! There is no use being a hermit in my own circle and not exploring. Not being able to explore and to let my hair down. There is no use stinging on all my savings for a future that will be dull and boring. I won't be able to enjoy traveling so much when I am middle aged with a big bank account or with pesky kids back at home. I won't be able to find a travel buddy when all my friends are married or CEO's of some companies. Now is the time to see the world, to open my heart and to give it space to expand and grow.

My new philosophy ......... live life to the fullest and dance as if no one is watching you.

No comments: