Friday, January 30, 2009

I miss Japan!

Sitting here in the office, less than 12 hours after I reached my home, I am wondering .... what the #%%*! am I doing in the office? Its CNY after all and I am not expected in the office anyway ... and post vacation stress disorder can be pretty bad.

The symptoms are .... boring your colleagues with your vacation stories, viewing pictures over and over again, smiling for no apparent reason and feeling hot even when you're in the air conditioned office.

Oh, how I miss Japan .... the air there was really cool and fresh! Though I froze my ass off, I didn't mind at all .... The weather was one of the main reasons why I traveled, not to mention the friends, the experience and food. Being able to shut your self out from the busy world back home works wonders too. And its a great benefit that my GSM phone was not supported.

Looking back at the photos, I regret why I did not take more of them. They're so beautiful, so happy ... and I notice that everyone's smile was extra sincere. It was true happiness .... true relaxation, letting go of all the stresses back home ..... and just being your self for a week or so. Well, at least it applied for me .... no responsibilities, no need to follow my brain ..... as my heart did the talking here. Perhaps it was the winter that gave me a brain freeze.

I can't really explain the feelings I had over the past week, but it was just like Joycy 2 came out. There was a period of time I actually forgot what or who I was back home .... or I forgot my purpose of being there ... everything just felt so natural .... like I was meant to be ... just enjoying my existance and enjoying the environment around.

Now I recognize the importance of taking time out ... time just to shut out from all troubles and enjoy your being.

The past 2 weeks was really an adventure for me. Something I will treasure for a long time. Though I came back a lot poorer, loaded with lots of rashes and sore muscles from that stoopid flight home .... I think I gained so much more from it. The experience was great! I made new friends and got closer to those I already knew. I created memories that will remain forever. I opened my heart in a way that I forgotten that I was able too. I let my self discover the meaning of pure joy. I realized how light I felt and how peaceful my soul felt. Is it the magic of winter in Japan or is it the miracle of vacations?

So more of my adventures coming soon.

No comments: