Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My utopian thought

Just got back from a trip to Singapore. And once in a while, I wonder if it is worth it? True, i get fun times, loads of it, but of course there are also the hassles. Perhaps there are signs going on around but you have to be quick to pick them up. Perhaps its an invitation for you to escape ..... I know its tempting but thats only a source of escape, not a long term one. 

I know that it is a learning experience, everything that I do I can benefit from it ... but sometimes you will wonder ... you will think, that why does have things got to end in a certain way. I was given a pre warning that what was falling on my lap was going to be a tough one. But I was optimistic ... I thought that with proper support I could do it. 

What makes me wonder is why some people cannot make work issues and people issues a separate thing? Fine , I know I am an emotional freak who makes decisions based on emotions. But what I mean is ... don't project your emotions on the people around you. If the situation brings about stress, just breath in and handle it with a clear mind. Don't go barking around and project your frustrations on others. Worst of all, don't go around accusing people of things and regret them later on. 

We all hate stress and wish to leave it quarantined but the truth is, we cannot escape it .... so just stand up to it. And if you look at it in a positive way, everything can be solved in a better and smoother way. If you take a deep breath and settle it as a team, things will be easier on you and definitely, solved faster too. DEFINITELY it won't spoil the mood of the people around you...

I know its a utopian thought, but people are there to help you, not exploit you. That says it all ... people skills are important. And how ironic is it that I picked up a book on people skills. A skill that should be taught to all ....

Bah ... there goes my day....

No comments: